Saturday, November 4, 2023

What to bring for Thanksgiving if you don't bake...

We all want to contribute a little something when we visit for the holidays, but let's face it folks, not everyone likes to bake. So I thought I'd do a little round-up of different ideas and links to recipes and my Pinterest Boards for inspiration. Sound like fun? Good:@) I think when we all hear of fudge we think fussy, and thermometers, and lot's of work. And yes, that fudge is amazing... But I'm here to say you can make some ~easy~ and darn good fudge by starting with a quality chocolate chip. I encourage you to try this Microwave Rum Raisin Fudge and it might just become your signature holiday dish...

And I don't think any hostess would mind you showing up with this Cranberry Meatball Appetizer. Just be sure it's already warm and in your own slow cooker ready to serve. Maybe you even bring some cute food picks... Perfect:@) Meatball Pinterest Board here.

With charcuterie still all the rage, how about some Holiday Stuffed Celery with cream cheese, bacon and dill. Easy and this variation is honestly really pretty:@) I've shared over 14 different stuffed celery variations, why not make a sweet and savory tray. Maybe cut them into 1" bite size pieces and again, add some food picks for serving.

And you probably already guessed I'd add Deviled Eggs:@) People kinda think they are a lot of work, but they do come together fairly quickly, especially if you use a disposable icing bag to fill the whites. Another tip: Easy Peel Instant Pot Hard Boiled Eggs Technique-it works! You could make your Grandmom's basic recipe, or add lots of additional flavors, or even make them silly looking. My Deviled Egg Pinterest Board has 73 ideas and continues to grow...

And speaking of silly... A personal favorite, Cranberry and Strawberry Jello Mold with Apple, Celery and Walnuts. Talk about a conversation starter:@) Just look at that gorgeous color folks... Oh my, tell me this doesn't scream the holidays... Or how about an orange colored Carrot and Pineapple one. My Jello Pinterest Board here.

Why not pick up a bag or two of candy corn while it's marked down and make some kiddy table party favors... These Turkey Toes are literally as easy as pouring candy into bags and adding ribbon-done. And they're sure to bring a giggle or two:@)

Or maybe you'd like to bring a quick no-sew project for the kids... These Holiday Aprons fit Barbie, Curvy Barbie, Ken, Action Figure Dolls ~and yes~ even Elf on the Shelf:@) I'd cut them out ahead of time and bring ribbon and embellishments for the kids to glue together-fun! And of course the fabric could be any design or color. My Barbie Pinterest Board here.

So there you have just a few ideas from almost 14 years of blogging. My Recipe Index shares everything I've made broken down by category if you have something specific in mind. And I do have a Thanksgiving and Christmas Holiday Food and Desserts Board here. I hope you find something new to make!

🦃Happy Holiday Planning and
Have a Great Weekend:@)

2 comments:

Thank you for stopping by-enjoy your day!