Saturday, June 6, 2015

No Bake Jello Key Lime (Raspberry or Orange) Cream Pie-diabetic friendly

I subscribe to Every Day Diabetic Recipes because I like to lighten things up occasionally and am always looking for new ideas. This recipe for No Bake Jello Key Lime Cream Pie caught my eye. Now, my pie was not 100% diabetic friendly, I was naughty and poured the mixture into a purchase graham cracker pie crust:@) Ma tried it with me and while we're not saying this is a fancy-schmancy gourmet dessert, we both thought the filling is very tasty and this is a nice low sugar summer time treat. My Grandpop did have type 1 diabetes and I could see G-Mom-B serving this to him after dinner.
I'm guessing it would also be good with any flavor Jello that goes well with cream cheese, raspberry and orange jumped right out at me. So if you're looking for something lighter that's a little different, don't hesitate to give this a try folks!

No Bake Jello Key Lime Cream Pie-from Every Day Diabetic Recipes
1 four serving size sugar free lime Jello -or flavor of your choice
1/2 C boiling water
8 oz fat free cream cheese, softened
1 tsp lime zest -maybe lemon or orange if using a different flavored Jello
1 Tbslp fresh lime juice -use the juice of what you zested above
2 C frozen light whipped topping
Graham cracker crust -if not strictly using diabetic friendly recipe
  1. Coat 9" pie plate with cooking spray (for diabetic recipe) or use a graham cracker crust. Don't worry, the filling does set-up firmly enough to be sliced without a crust.
  2. Dissolve Jello in boiling water, stir until dissolved.
  3. In large bowl beat cream cheese until smooth. Slowly add Jello and mix in well.
  4. Stir in zest and juice.
  5. Fold in whipped topping, reserve the rest for serving. 
  6. Pour into pie plate, cover with plastic wrap that touches the top of the filling and chill for at least 3 hours. 
  7. Garnish with leftover whipped topping if desired. Keep pie stored covered in the fridge.
Have a sticky sweet happy day:@)

I'm Joining:
Foodie Friday

15 comments:

  1. Sounds delicious and perfect for warm days.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yum, lip-smacking good Lynn! :) I love these type of desserts -- something with a light, citrus flavor and nice, creamy texture. Even better that this is a healthier version than what we usually see. I love that pretty, mint-green color too; it definitely looks summery.

    Thank you for sharing Lynn -- I'm going off to pin this now. Have a lovely weekend!

    Hugs,

    Denise at Forest Manor

    ReplyDelete
  3. That sounds easy and delicious - what more could anyone ask for!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It looks like a light, summery dessert, Lynn. My Mom used to make a Jello salad very similar to this, but she put some crushed pineapple in it, and it wasn't diabetic friendly because I'm not sure they made sugar free Jellos back in the day. Remember when Jello Salads were popular? I used to love them.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I can't eat sugar so I would love to try this recipe...without the crust or topping! Sounds wonderful! I love anything with fresh lime! Hugs, Diane

    ReplyDelete
  6. This pie looks refreshing - perfect for summer! Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful color! Perfect pie for the summer! Have a great week.

    ReplyDelete
  8. mmmmm, sounds like a perfect summer dessert, and practically guilt free!
    Jenna

    ReplyDelete
  9. So cool and refreshing Lynn! I love the color too :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a great idea for a summer dessert. I'd probably have to drizzle some chocolate sauce over mine :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. All I can say is yum. I like how you think, Lynn! Trying this.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I can see making this with all sorts of flavors! YUM!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by-enjoy your day!