Thursday, November 5, 2015

Microwave Rum, Raisin and Nut Fudge

I love the idea of making fudge for Thanksgiving and Christmas, it's especially nice if you want to bring a treat and don't bake. Let's take that one step further and say this Rum, Raisin and Nut Fudge comes together in no time (start to clean-up in less than 30 minutes). These flavors are warm and homey and would be a perfect treat for the holiday season. I think you'll like this if you try it folks:@)

Notes:
  • Instead of letting my raisins soak in the rum for 30 minutes I mixed them in a bowl and microwaved them for 20 seconds. This works great.
  • Speaking of raisins... add more!
  • Toast the nuts for better flavor. 350 degrees for about 8-10 minutes. Don't walk away, if you begin to smell the nuts take them out of the oven.
  • Speaking of nuts... add more!
  • If you use peanuts this would be like a grown-up Chunky Bar:@)
  • You can make the fudge more festive by adding some holiday colored sprinkles to the top if desired.
Microwave Rum, Raisin and Nut Fudge-adapted from gazingin.com
18 oz semi-sweet chocolate chips-I like Ghirardelli
14 oz sweetened condensed milk
1/2 C raisins
2 Tblsp rum-I used Myers Dark Rum
1/2 C nuts of your choice-I used walnuts, original recipe used honey roasted peanuts
1 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
  1. Line 8x8 pan with parchment paper, leaving 2" hanging over sides so you can lift it out. I use Reynolds Release.
  2. Soak the raisins in rum for 30 minutes or microwave for 20 seconds. Toast nuts if necessary.
  3. Pour chips and milk in large microwave safe glass bowl. Heat on high for approximately one minute, stir well. **Note: Every microwave is different, mine runs very hot so I set it for 45 seconds-adjust accordingly. If all of the chips haven't melted you can put it back into the microwave and heat for short spurts, approx 10 seconds, until the candy is smooth. You'll do a lot of stirring so eat your Wheaties for breakfast:@)
  4. Quickly stir in the raisins, nuts and vanilla. I just spooned the raisins into the chocolate, leaving whatever rum was left in the bowl. You can pour it all in if you'd like.
  5. Quickly pour into prepared pan and refrigerate until set, a few hours or so.
You'll find eight other recipes and ideas grouped as 'fudge' in my recipe index HERE.

Happy holiday planning:@)

I'm Joining:
Foodie Friday
Link Party Palooza
featured on Edible Crafts

10 comments:

  1. A "Chunky Bar"? Thanks for the memories!!

    Best,
    Bonnie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fudge is such a great, easy, gift to bring. So many variations are possible.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I rarely copy and make recipes but this seems ideal, so I am saving it. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my gosh, my mouth is watering right now! This would make the perfect gift, but I'd have to keep some for myself. What a great recipe for Fall/Winter!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm not very experienced at making fudge, but your recipe sure makes me want to give it a try.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yum! Rum makes everything better Lynn!
    Jenna

    ReplyDelete
  7. So quick and easy, my kind of sweet Lynn! I could happily have a square with my coffee this morning :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by-enjoy your day!