Tuesday, September 11, 2012

BLT Dip

It's Week 2 of my Personal PIGskin Challenge and here's a great dip truly worth making while we can still get some garden ripe tomatoes. Super simple and a big party favorite! I only ask one thing... don't hate me when you keep going back for "just one more bite":@) This recipe is from Paula Deen and I see many variations out there, but this one's just perfect to me!
 Note: If you choose to serve this with potato chips they need to be the sturdier "ridges" type.
Pictured is a half batch and in true Paula fashion-it is dangerously good:@)

BLT Dip
1 C mayonnaise
1 C sour cream
Iceburg lettuce, shredded-chop it a bit too so there aren't long strings
2 large vine ripened tomatoes, seeded and diced
1 lb bacon, cooked crisp and crumbled-um yes, that does say 1 lb...
Crackers, potato chips, tortilla chips, bagel chips, toast points, etc. for serving.
-Mix mayo and sour cream, spread into bottom of pie plate or serving bowl.
-Layer the lettuce, tomatoes and bacon.

I said it was easy, right?
My only tip would be, prepping ingredients separately ahead of time is fine,
but assemble right before serving.
Have a happy day!

I'm joining:
Foodie Friday
Full Plate Thursday
Seasonal Sunday

26 comments:

  1. Yes ma'am! Pass the chips and dip! I'm thinking this would be good on a baked potato too.

    Best,
    Bonnie

    ReplyDelete
  2. ummmm ummmm I want some now!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, that looks great and definitely easy. Thanks for sharing while we still have lots of fresh tomatoes.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my goodness...does that ever sound yummy! Hope you are having a great week!...hugs...Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  5. Mmmm...one of my favorites. Ugly game Sunday...no other way to describe it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have never seen that before - it looks good.

    ReplyDelete
  7. That photo with all that bacon looks so goood, making me hungry. Love BLT sandwich, I am sure this is killer dip! xo

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yum all the great taste of BLT in a dip....now how simple good is THAT.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh My...the Dip Police would have to take me away in handcuffs to keep me away from the chips & dip!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh my goodness! I am with Mary's comment above, I would eat a whole bag of chips with this. It looks so delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I think you've just kicked the traditional BLT up a notch Lynn. I would definitely not be safe near that bowl and neither would the dip.
    Sam

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh my, my guys would love this dip. It IS easy...love that part.

    ReplyDelete
  13. YUM, bacon! Yes ma'am I sure have put away my bikini for the season! hehe I could even make this fit into my low carb diet if I skipped the crackers and just ate it with a spoon :) Hope you are having a great week.
    xo, Andrea

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hi Lynn, You might know you would find a delicious dip with lots of bacon. HA! I wonder what 'you know who' thinks about this. Still smiling.
    xo, Jeanne

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oh my...that looks AMAZING! Someone hand me a bib!

    ReplyDelete
  16. OMG, what is there not to love in this recipe!

    ReplyDelete
  17. All right this is the thing, just pass the BLT Dip before all your girls eat every bit of it, yum! Hope you are having a great week and thank you so much for sharing with Full Plate Thursday.
    Come Back Soon!
    Miz Helen

    ReplyDelete
  18. This looks so good--thank you for sharing this recipe with us!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Anything with bacon has to be delicious :-)

    ReplyDelete
  20. Oh my! I could definitely eat that entire platter. I like my bacon super crispy. When I eat breakfast out I order it burned--that's the only way they really get it right! Linda

    ReplyDelete
  21. Oh my that does look good! I can imagine how fast it would go!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Make mine w/o tomatoes. I know I am a pain! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by-enjoy your day!