Sunday, April 3, 2016

Crispy Oven Baked Chicken Wings using Corn Starch

As a self declared Wingaholic, this is dangerous... I'm always excited to try a new way to make them, especially if the wings will be crispy without deep frying in oil. Well, I'm here to tell ya folks, these Crispy Oven Baked Wings using Corn Starch live up to their name! The foil lined baking sheet makes it so much easier to clean-up and the house doesn't smell like frying oil either. Now you can indulge whenever you're inclined-you are welcome:@)

Oh Momma, I did enjoy these wings!
You can stop by Budget Bytes for a step by step picture tutorial.
Two other options: Guiltless Buffalo Chicken, and if we're really being naughty... Twice Fried Chicken Wings.

Crispy Oven Baked Chicken Wings-adapted from Budget Bytes
wings and drumlettes
cornstarch-approx 1 Tblsp per 6-8 wings, you need enough to just coat the wings
cooking spray for rack
butter
your favorite wing sauce
  1. Cover baking sheet with foil.
  2. Coat cooking rack with cooking spray for easier clean-up. Place rack on baking sheet.
  3. Sprinkle wings with S&P and toss with cornstarch to coat. Place on baking rack. Leave space between wings.
  4. Bake at 400 degrees for 50 minutes or until chicken is cooked through.
  5. Remove from oven, toss with butter and your favorite wing sauce.
Eat well and have a happy day:@)
And Go Villanova!!!

I'm Joining:
featured on Totally Tutorials
Full Plate Thursday
Foodie Friday

11 comments:

  1. Your wings look great Lynn. Isn't cornstarch wonderful? I use it when I'm making Panko "fried" shrimp and it is indeed a miracle ingredient. Hope you are having a nice weekend.
    Sam

    ReplyDelete
  2. not a big wing fan but glad you're in heaven! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cornstarch, interesting! This sounds like a great way to cook wings Lynn!
    Jenna

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's good to know! And sounds very tasty! Wish there was a good football game on! heehee! Enjoy your day. Hugs, Diane

    ReplyDelete
  5. I need to try that cornstarch tip, Lynn! I always forget about wings for some reason but I know the hubs and I would love them!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yum,! Love the tip, hubby would love, love these.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am so going to try this method, Lynn. I tried a baked version that was really good, but it was a lot more tedious. This sounds so easy and I have some wings in the freezer, too.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I was just looking for recipe last week for oven baked wings to enjoy while we were watching the NCAA tournament Lynn! I'll have to try these. We were crying in our beer last night over the Tar Heels' loss, enjoy your celebration :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. These turned out great! I used the baking powder method and there was a bitter after taste, but not with these. Tip: I would recommend turning them half way through to ensure browning on both sides.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by-enjoy your day!