Monday, April 23, 2018

3-5 Minute No Guilt Microwave Vegetable Chips and a very good $20 mandoline

I've been enjoying microwave potato chips and decided to take it one step further... These No Guilt Microwave Vegetable Chips are really good folks! In addition to the potatoes, sweet potatoes and beets shown, I've also made carrot chips. Every vegetable was crisp and very tasty when I made them. Observation: Carrots and beets do retain some moisture which will make them soft the longer they sit... Read=Make 'em and eat 'em:@)

You may have read that I had a little... incident with a mandoline a few years ago. Let's just say it ruined my dream of ever being a hand model:@) I decided to give it another try ~but~ I'm committed to always using the safety guard this time. I Googled 'best mandoline' and it led me to this Kitchen Aid adjustable one HERE. So far, so good, and I'm pleased with this $20 purchase.

I used the 1/16 setting for these ultra thin, extra crunchy chips and topped them with a fine grind Himalayan salt.
Now this is my idea of eating the rainbow:@)

3-5 Minute Microwave Potato Chips-from The Painted Apron
Russet potatoes, sweet potatoes, beets, carrots
Olive Oil spray-I only had Canola Oil
Salt of choice and any other flavoring desired
  1. Wash veggies, peel if desired/needed.
  2. Slice as thin as possible. Lay slices on paper towel and pat tops dry.
  3. Spray microwave safe plate with oil, place veggies on plate in single layer without overlapping. Cook one type of vegetable at a time.
  4. Lightly spray top of veggies with oil, sprinkle with salt and flavorings if desired.
  5. Microwave on high for 2 minutes, flip veggies for 2 more minutes. Check for crispness, microwave at 1 minute increments (watching closely) until crisp. You will need to keep an eye on them in the microwave, we don't want the chips to get too dark.
Eat well and have a happy day:@)

I'm Joining:

7 comments:

  1. I'm going to have to try these!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that these can be made in the microwave! I'd have no problem polishing them off quickly, LOL. And I love the big guard on that mandoline---when the only I've had for years and year peters out, I'll try the KA.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a brilliant way of eating the rainbow too Lynn! You got super creative with this potato chip technique and I am super impressed! These really are healthy potato chips! I can't wait to give it a try!!
    Jenna

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm loving your rainbow assortment of chips, Lynn, and all done with a $20 mandoline and in the microwave. I'm glad that you're using the safety guard. Did I ever tell you about my youngest DIL almost losing the tip of her finger with a hand-held blender?
    Hope you have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've had one of those incidents myself and I never use my mandoline without the guard and am thinking of buying the cut-proof gloves too. No hand modeling for me either - LOL. Love those chips!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yum Lynn...that's exactly how I want to eat my veggies! I hear you on the mandoline, I made that mistake only once :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by-enjoy your day!