Saturday, March 5, 2022

ReView: Rustic Cabbage Soup & Felt Spring Jacket for Barbie

I don't know about you, but Barbie says she's ready for spring! How about whipping up a cute felt jacket with upturned collar to keep her warm during chilly breezes. The jacket also offers plenty of room in front for optional pockets. Since my felt is a dark gray, I didn't really think they'd show up well for pics, so I didn't add pockets this time. This is also another pattern in my no-hem series of ideas. It's a 30¢ garment that can be completed in about 30 minutes... We like that type of project here at DIY Barbie Blog:@) 

The most challenging parts of the jacket: Sewing the collar, you may want to help with that if your girl is learning to sew. And turning the sleeves to the right side. I used a crochet hook to help

Would be cute dressed up, or casual with jeans...
Barbie loves options😉

The pattern:

✂What I did:
1/4" seam allowance, all seams backstitched.
Cut two jacket pattern pieces ~on fold~. Then cut one in half down the middle (this will be the front).
Cut one collar piece.
Right sides together, sew the upper arm/shoulder seams.
Right sides together, sew collar to jacket.
Right sides together, sew side and under arm seams.
Turn right side out, work collar so it stands up, dress doll and smile😎

Barbie says, think warm spring thoughts!

And here's something else that will take the chill off... This Rustic Cabbage Soup is one of my all time favorites! It calls for minimal ingredients, and cabbage usually goes on sale this time of year. Don't hesitate to give it a try folks, especially if you're looking for a soup to take a little chill off, yet seems a little lighter as we look forward to spring:@)

Have a great weekend:@)

4 comments:

  1. Perfect for St. Patrick's Day! Barbie's jacket is adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The cabbage soup looks really good. I'm always a fan of cabbage soup, but I couldn't find the link for the recipe.??

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ack, I just added it, thanks for letting me know:@)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love cabbage raw, cooked and in soups. Thanks, Lynn. I’ll be checking king out Barbie’s jacket. I have lots of felt.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by-enjoy your day!