Sunday, November 4, 2012

Stove Top Stuffing Meatball Appetizers

I think this is brilliant! What do we add to meatballs? Typically some type of breading, onion, celery and herbs, why not take a short cut and use a box of Stove Top Stuffing that already has those things in it! Add a sweet/spicy glaze and some fun food picks... I'd call that a Party:@)
Not only do they taste great, if you are short on time or are a new cook this is about as easy as it gets. 
Mix, roll into a ball, the oven does the cooking, heat up the sauce and serve warm! 
I'd like to thank Pat for sharing her Mom's Best Bite-Sized Meatballs.
The holidays will be here before we know it folks, 
I think you'll like them if you try them:@)

Stove Top Stuffing Meatball Appetizers-from Topiary Rose
2lb lean ground beef
1 box Chicken Stove Top Stuffing
1 C water
2 eggs
1 (16oz) bottle Kraft BBQ Sauce, Original Flavor-I used Sweet Baby Ray's
1 (16oz) can whole berry cranberry sauce
  1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
  2. Line 2 baking sheets with foil and spray with Pam.
  3. Mix beef, stuffing, water and eggs well. I suggest letting it sit for a couple minutes.
  4. Shape into 1 1/2" balls, makes approx 50. I used a 1 1/4" cookie scoop and got about 60.
  5. Bake 16 minutes or until done. Mine were done in 14 minutes.
  6. In large pan heat BBQ sauce and Cranberry sauce until melted. I used Sweet Baby Rays and Apple Jelly in equal portions-that's what I had on hand.
  7. Add meatballs and completely coat them. 
  8. Serve warm.

27 comments:

  1. These sound really good Lynn! What time do you get up? Lol. I also like the sauce combo. Glad your back!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mmm, another quick and easy sauce combo is a bottle of chili sauce and a jar of grape jelly - tasty!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love cocktail meatballs. I would love to watch a game at your house, even though I do not like sports or have much of an interest, the munchies would be soooo good! Ready for the Nor'Easter? :/ xo

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love it! Another fast and easy recipe, Lynn!

    XO,
    Jane

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a great idea! I love some cocktail meatballs. I've been reading your recipes to my Mom while here and she is in love! Hugs, Linda

    ReplyDelete
  6. Mmmmmmmmm yummy! This IS a great idea! I love your photos and your colorful cocktail toothpicks. I like the sauce idea, too. When's the party start??!! I'll be happy to bring something, too.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Adding cranberry to BBQ sauce is genious!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oooh, these sound yummy! And I'm voting for Earl on Tuesday ;)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great idea! Sounds delicious, Lynn. Take care and have a good week.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Interesting, I'd have never thought of that! Those forks are the cutest. Where did youg et them?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello! They are at Walmart in the party section:@)

      Delete
  11. Hi Lynnie! Oh, you're so smart. I've never heard of doing this but it makes so much sense! :)
    Thanks for popping in to see me.
    Be a sweetie,
    Shelia ;)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Good heavens...why didn't I think of that? Sounds wonderful....

    ReplyDelete
  13. That looks amazing! I can't wait to try it! I host a SHOW-licious Craft Showcase if you would like to be a part of. I would love to feature your site and this great recipe! :)

    http://sew-licious.blogspot.com/2012/11/saturday-show-licious-craft-showcase-6.html

    xoxo,
    Marti

    ReplyDelete
  14. The holidays will be here before we know it. It is always nice to have an easy appetizer to put out at a party.

    ReplyDelete
  15. What a brilliant idea! My family will love these... Stuffing and cranberries... oh my. I make the old style recipe that is like barbecue these are spectacular!!!! thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Lynn, I love your love of appetizers! These are so great and your presentation is so fun. I love the cute forks.

    ReplyDelete
  17. I am convinced that I have gotten more finger food ideas from this one blog than any magazine or blog collection combined. The stuffing was a great idea. This is a keeper.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Great, yummy looking idea! I could eat these for a meal!

    ReplyDelete
  19. The cute colorful toothpicks sure make them look good!YUMMY!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Yum! I'm making these with ground turkey for my turkey lovin' husband. Thanksgiving meatball sub!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Yum! This looks sooo good!

    Katie
    www.funhomethings.com

    ReplyDelete
  22. Hi Lynn,
    This is a great recipe for these awesome meatball appetizers. These will be fabulous for the holidays. Have a great weekend and thank you so much for sharing with Full Plate Thursday.
    Come Back Soon!
    Miz Helen

    ReplyDelete
  23. When I make appetizer meatballs I do a very similiar sauce and frozen meatballs! BUT, not any more, I will make these for sure! Thanks so much.

    ReplyDelete
  24. Thanks for linking up at tessacotton! I'd love it if you'd join with all your winter/holiday crafts and recipes at our new Christmas linky party!
    http://tessacotton.blogspot.com/2012/12/christmas-linky-party.html

    ReplyDelete
  25. Hubby would like this recipe! Thanks so much for linking up with me at my #UnlimitedMonthlyLinkParty 18, open until November 26.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by-enjoy your day!