- The dress only requires a 6"x6" square of fabric.
- Press the top and bottom under 1/4", hem.
- Turn the fabric wrong side out and wrap it around the doll, pin it closed, then use pins for the bust dart placement (see tutorial here). Sew the darts.
- Optional-Then I sewed the ruffle apron/peplum where her waist is. It only takes about 4" of ruffle.
- Fold right sides together and sew a 1/4" seam 3" from the bottom up the back, back stitch. (If you add the apron/peplum be sure to catch the edges of the ruffle in this seam.)
- Fold the rest of the fabric on each side over 1/4", I used a 1/4" wide strip of velcro the whole length of the opening. If you're using snaps hem each side before sewing them on.
- The picture tutorial HERE is a good one!
Barbie hopes Kathleen doesn't mind that she's crashing the St. Patty's Day Blog Crawl Party...
Especially since she promises to bring the corned beef and cabbage:@)
Don't we all look this fabulous at the stove???