Tuesday, October 10, 2023

Dollar Store Halloween Crafts for Barbie Round-Up #2

Back in 2021 I shared some Dollar Tree Halloween Crafts for Barbie, I thought I'd add another round-up just for fun. I hope it helps keep the kids busy for a while, or gives folks an idea or two for Halloween Party crafts or a sleep-over. But we'll start with a new easy, little project for this year... As soon as I saw these 11" bats I knew they'd make a quick Bat Person Halloween Costume. This would work for Ken, Barbie, or action figure dolls. And since Ken would never show up to a party empty handed... He brought a jar of Wool of Bat:@)

The bat I started with:
✂What I did:
  1. The mouth is open and the body is hollow. I cut the head off (gross, but this ~is~ Halloween:@) and then cut the underside of the body off. Trust me, you'll know exactly what I mean when you see the bat. 
  2. Then I pulled the elastic off, made that hole bigger by twisting the point of scissors into it, and added some ribbon. Tie ribbon around neck, wa-la we have bat wings. 
  3. For the pic, I sat the head on top as a hat. You'll want to add a glue dot, or hot glue some ribbon to the inside bottom, or run ribbon through two holes, to tie the hat on for more rigorous doll play. 
Crafts from necklaces:
Glue a little velcro on to each end for necklace closure (or use twisted pipe cleaner). I hot glued the necklace to some ribbon for the suspenders. And as you can see, simply twisted a pipe cleaner to make the belt. All super easy, and the kids can wear leftover necklaces too:@)

These little Recycled K-Cup Buckets couldn't be easier, the hardest part is emptying and washing the k-cups... How I made them here.

One of my favorite Barbie crafts is
There is no end to the ideas...

I have to chuckle, 
all items are still at Dollar Tree this year.

🎃Make something just for fun, and
Have a Happy Day:@)

1 comment:

  1. LOL, great minds think alike. I just bought those necklaces and I'm going to make one for each of my gals in the doll club for tomorrow night...too much fun. The deconstructed bat is amazing, I'll have to try and find one! Hugs, Sandi

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by-enjoy your day!