Wednesday, August 31, 2022

Zucchini Puffs or Zucchini Mini Muffins -Side Dish (or Football Snack?)

If you're like me and grew the ~little zucchini plant that could~ this year... You might want to try these Zucchini Puffs. They are a nice bread substitute for dinner, or could be a game day (or any day) treat. May I suggest adding a marinara type dipping sauce if trying to serve zucchini as a football party snack though... Just sayin' :@) They are another variation of the Pepperoni Pizza Puffs I made way back in 2013. The recipe calls for 1 C of shredded zucchini which makes approximately 20-24 mini muffins. So adjust accordingly for your crowd, or zucchini surplus...
Yep, August 31st and I'm still getting zucchini!!!
Although I will say, everyone else isn't as excited about that as I am:@)

Two more excellent variations:

Zucchini Puffs or Zucchini Mini Snack Muffins
3/4 C A/P flour
3/4 tsp baking powder
2 tsp Italian Seasoning
1/4 tsp garlic powder
hearty pinch of salt, or seasoned salt -I used Lawry's Seasoned Salt
3/4 C milk
1 egg, lightly beaten
1 C shredded zucchini, wrung out in dish towel to remove excess water
1 C shredded cheddar cheese
Optional: Grated Parmesan for sprinkling on top
Optional: Marinara or Spaghetti Sauce for dipping
  1. Grease a 24 cup mini-muffin pan-I used Aldi's Baker's Joy.
  2. Mix first 5 ingredients in large bowl.
  3. Mix milk and egg, add to dry ingredients, mix.
  4. Stir in the zucchini and cheese.
  5. Let sit for 5 minutes.
  6. Fill muffin cups 3/4 full.
  7. Sprinkle parmesan cheese on top of batter if using.
  8. Bake at 375 degrees until puffed and golden, 20-25 minutes.
  9. Serve with sauce for dipping if desired, but it's really not necessary.
  10. Makes approximately 20-24.
Eat well and have a happy day:@)

I'm Joining:

4 comments:

  1. Zucchini season! You either get one zucchini on your plant or a 100 (laugh). These puffs are a beautiful way to use garden zucchini. Love it.

    Velva

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your raised garden just keeps on giving! These mini muffins sound wonderful, Lynn!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ooh, these look yummy! I have one lone zucchini on the kitchen counter---I'll keep my fingers crossed that I can get a cup out of it!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I recently made something similar with zucchini and they were so good I'm still dreaming about them! I can't wait to try your recipe!
    Jenna

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by-enjoy your day!