Tuesday, July 30, 2024

Barbie Home Accents -Making a dollhouse a home...

Last year we received a gift card at work for one year without a safety incident, so... That meant I had some free money to play with:@) I decided I'd use part of it to get something a little extravagant for the Barbie dollhouse and nosed around Amazon. The pretty gold birdcage caught my eye immediately...

I love the colors in the bird, it almost looks like cloisonné art. I will either make a stand for it or hang it from the ceiling, but really think a stand would be perfect so it can be moved to any room for pics.

The fish bowl is real glass, has gravel and greenery, and is so small it's hard for me to get a good pic, but I think you can see that the fish even has scales here:

It's also fun to use things in imaginative ways... On the mantle I stacked three large wooden beads to create a vase for the summer holidays, and the XO 'art' is from a child's tic tac toe party favor pack. 

And it's been a long time since I picked up a Zuru Mystery Ball, so the other day I thought I'd see what was in one from the Create Series. Each ball could hold a potted plant or vase of flowers... I ended up with a Barbie Size Bonsai Tree, it's pretty substantial and I think it adds some nice greenery to the livingroom. 

The ball:

The succulent on the shelf was in the ball too:
Silver beer stein and coffee pots 
are thrift store salt and pepper shakers.

Barbie says,
it's the little things that make a house a home:@)
Poodle is a Christmas ornament from Walmart, bought years ago. World map is a sticker from Dollar Tree.

Have a Happy Day:@)

1 comment:

  1. I love all your new purchases in making Barbie’s home sweet home!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by-enjoy your day!