Saturday, April 6, 2024

Welcome Sign Update & Leftover Ham, Pineapple and Noodle Casserole & Spinach Plants...

I've been having fun with my new Welcome Home Sign, and now that Easter is over the next holiday icon isn't until Memorial Day. So I decided to look around the house for an idea and made this little Phillies O to hold me over until I come up with something I like better... Logo fabric from my stash (thank you Ma) and I simply glued it to a wide mouth metal canning lid. The best part, the lid automatically sticks to the magnet on the sign, didn't even have to add another magnet. Life is good:@)

And speaking of Easter being over... Have leftover ham? This Ham, Pineapple and Noodle Casserole is a great way to use some up! My ham was huge this year, this might just be Sunday dinner on the next cool day when a little oven heat would be welcome in the house.

I'll leave you with a garden update: I took a quick pic of the spinach in my raised bed garden. I planted these seeds in the fall, the few plants that came up literally wintered over on their own (no cover or cold frame, with freezing Philadelphia temperatures and snow covering the plants). They are hearty little things:@)

Have a great weekend:@)

4 comments:

  1. I love the Philies logo on the jar lid, great idea! Your casserole sounds great, love the addition of pineapple~ Happy weekend!
    Jenna

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great welcome sign!!! We have mint and chives coming up---but can't wait to get more herbs planted.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ha, my bunnies would love to have that spinach...grins. It was a mild winter with some snow---but no sustained freezes, the bugs will be horrible this year!!! Hugs, Sandi

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your logo fits perfectly in the canning lid, Lynn! Your casserole sounds really tasty. I can’t believe your spinach came up from last year. What a nice bonus to your garden.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by-enjoy your day!