Monday, February 17, 2020

Pineapple, Ham and Noodle Casserole

I had some leftover ham in the freezer and thought this Pineapple, Ham and Noodle Casserole would be a great way to use it up... I'm glad I gave it a try! This would also work well with one of those $2-ish little Hatfield oval ham steaks. While the original recipe would be perfect with a side of steamed broccoli, I cut the meat back by half and chose to add some frozen peas to mine. What makes this casserole a little different is, the pineapple is a major ingredient and it adds great flavor. Oh, and... if you're so inclined, it's ~really good~ with a little hot sauce on the side too:@)

I didn't have breadcrumbs so I crushed some Ritz crackers for the topping, and omitted the other Tblsp of butter.
I also turned the broiler on for a minute or two at the end.

Pineapple, Ham and Noodle Casserole-adapted from Taste of Home/Dole
2 C dry wide noodles
1/2 C celery, diced
2 Tblsp butter, divided
8 oz cream cheese, cubed
3/4 C milk-I used Half and Half
2 C cooked ham, cubed
2 (8 oz) cans crushed pineapple, drained-I had chunks and cut them into smaller pieces
2 tsp Worcestershire sauce
1/2 tsp salt-I didn't use this
dash of pepper
1/4 C dry breadcrumbs-I used cracker crumbs
  1. Cook celery in 1 Tblsp butter until soft.
  2. Stir in cream cheese and milk until melted.
  3. Stir in ham, pineapple, Worcestershire, salt and pepper.
  4. Pour into ungreased 1 1/2 quart casserole dish.
  5. Melt remaining butter in skilled, add breadcrumbs, lightly toast crumbs.
  6. Sprinkle breadcrumbs on top of casserole.
  7. Bake at 350 degrees for 25-30 minutes.
Eat well and have a happy day:@)

I'm Joining:
Weekend Potluck
Handmade Monday
Create Bake Make

5 comments:

  1. I love a good casserole...especially on a dreary February day! The combo of ham and pineapple sounds delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pineapple casseroles are a popular side dish in the South, adding noodles and ham is brilliant, I've got to try this! It would be a wonderful Spring and Easter dish!
    Jenna

    ReplyDelete
  3. That sounds really good! We often pair ham and peas with some sort of pasta casserole but I never thought to add pineapple. Pinned.

    ReplyDelete
  4. love it all the great items to a dinner all wrapped in one thanks for sharing the recipe
    come see us at http://shopannies.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by-enjoy your day!