Saturday, January 13, 2024

Winter Projects-Pineapple Jam, German Red Cabbage & Fast Rise Yeast Rolls

The holidays are over, it's cold outside, and we're looking for new things to try indoors. May I suggest a few cooking projects... I chose Pineapple Jam because it's made with canned pineapple that's easily accessible year-round. I have a Small Batch recipe here, and a robust Pineapple and Citrus Zest Full Batch here. Both are very good:@) Need to use up a different fruit, or want a different flavor? My Jelly and Jam Pinterest board can be found here.

This German Red Cabbage can be made either in a slow cooker or on the stove top. But no matter how you make it, it's very tasty and I encourage you to give it a try:@) 

And even though I know some folks might still be on their New Year's diet, I did want to add a bread project... These Classic Dinner Rolls are a ~faster~ version because we use rapid rise yeast. They do still require planning, but it is well worth the time! Or maybe you're curious about the Artisan Bread in 5 Minutes a Day, you can find that here.

So there you have a few ideas to try something new
 and help make the house smell great!

Have a fun weekend:@)

2 comments:

  1. I’m a big fan of homemade jam, Lynn, and homemade bread and rolls (and cabbage!).

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by-enjoy your day!