Saturday, January 20, 2024

Candied Jello Popcorn -Team Colors or Holidays

Popping in a second time today with what I really wanted to share this Saturday. Some snowy weather has me a bit behind schedule...

This Team Colored Candied Jello Popcorn would be a fun idea for the playoffs or Super Bowl. Or works great as an after school Valentine's Day snack. And while we might think of this mostly as a treat for the kids, this is a fun TV munchie:@) At this point in football, I really don't have a favorite team in the running... So I used a red Jello. Good for several teams still playing, or day, or if I really want to stretch it... Looking forward the the Phillies and baseball season.

I chose red and gold, and red, white and blue... Hmmm... I think there's a prime time game showcasing those colors:@) Now, I used Cherry Jello, and yep, it packs a flavorful punch! My first inclination was strawberry, I'll use strawberry next time...

Oh and...
Maybe next year for the green😢

Jello Rainbow Popcorn-from Kraft
8 C popped popcorn
1 C salted peanuts or cashews-optional
1/4 C butter
3 Tblsp light corn syrup
1/2 C brown sugar or white sugar-I used white
1 small box Jello-any flavor or color, but it needs to be regular Jello with sugar
Sprinkles, Jimmies, Sixlets, Cake Decorations-optional
  1. Preheat oven to 300 degrees, line a sheet pan with foil or wax paper. Reynolds Release or silicone is best.
  2. Toss popcorn and peanuts in large bowl, I just mix it all on the sheet pan.
  3. Place butter and corn syrup in small pan, heat on low until butter is melted.
  4. Add sugar and Jello, stir until Jello has dissolved.
  5. Bring to a boil over medium heat, reduce heat to low and simmer for 5 minutes.
  6. Pour immediately over popcorn, toss well to coat. This is why I mix it on the sheet pan, I can drizzle it over as much popcorn as possible.
  7. Put popcorn on sheet pan and spread out using 2 forks. I find the best way to mix it is with silicone coated tongs.
  8. Bake for 10 minutes-I suggest stirring it halfway.
  9. Remove from oven, -immediately- shake on sprinkles or candies if desired, cool completely, break apart and store in an air tight container.
🏈Enjoy the remaining games...
And Have a Happy Day:@)

1 comment:

  1. The green would be perfect for the Packers. I hope they survive tonight's game!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by-enjoy your day!