Monday, January 22, 2024

For the Love of Football Valentine Charcuterie Board

Oh this was fun folks:@) I wanted to play with making some pepperoni roses, and then started thinking about what I could use for a board and one thing led to another... And here we have a For the Love of Football Small Valentine's Day Charcuterie Board.  My football board is only about 9"x6", so I tried to load it up. As for the roses themselves... I'm glad I tried, but I'll leave that for someone else next time. The slippery sausage does require some ~patience~ to form.

Grazing boards are my absolute favorite way to snack. I would add some celery and carrots normally, but I was aiming for a Valentine's color pallet (should have grabbed the white cheddar Cheezits๐Ÿ˜)... I used a mini heart shaped cookie cutter to create some smoked hard salami hearts. Just free hand the XO from cheese... Did you get the double entendre? XO for hugs and kisses, and XO for football formations! Oh yea, I'm clever like that:@)

Short on time or don't want a ton of leftovers? Just about everything came from Dollar Tree... Pepperoni, Haribo Berries, almonds, Cheezits, Hershey Kisses, and heart shaped Junior Mints. There are lots of other options too. 

My wooden football board is from one of those holiday cheese and cracker sets, and the size is perfect for one or two people. I even lucked out and bought the set after holiday for $4, gotta love that:@)

Sending warm wishes your way:@)

Be sure to treat yourself well,
even if simply noshing:@)
I๐Ÿ’—๐ŸˆHave a Happy Day!

3 comments:

  1. I love those pepperoni roses---I haven't had a chance to give them a try! Unfortunately, our we won't have our favorite teams playing anymore this year, but the stress level will be way down!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are clever like that, Lynn! What a great buy on the football board, too. I love that you found everything at the Dollar Tree. I’ve been wanting to try the roses, but maybe I’ll use salami?? Thanks for sharing your fun snacking charcuterie with us.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lynn, how fun and you made such a nice board. I love that you got the board on sale.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by-enjoy your day!