Tuesday, January 23, 2024

Barbie Crossbody Messenger Bag from Tin Foil (or Cloth) -Free Pattern

How about an easy rainy day, snowy day, or sleepover project... Last year I picked up a pack of Valentine novelty bracelets at Walmart and made some really cute suspenders for Ken. This year I thought it would be fun to make a Crossbody Messenger Bag for Barbie:@) No worries if you can't find these exact bracelets, the strap can be made from anything, ribbon, chain, yarn, twine, etc. And this fun bag was made from something we all have... 

Tin foil... I like shiny things (my real bag is actually silver:@), so I tried it. This can also be made with fabric, which would be sturdier, just be sure to create sharp creases with an iron or your finger nail.

I had some jump rings for jewelry making, so that's what I used to add the strap to the bag.
 

✂What I did:
  1. Unroll tin foil about 6" and cut off (does not need to be exact).
  2. Fold in half lengthwise, approximately 6x6" square.
  3. Fold in half again, approximately 3x6" rectangle.
  4. Option: If you want a more rigid bag, cut a piece of thin cardboard to fit inside the folds. Bend it at the center so it folds in half nicely.
  5. Fold two of the edges inward on the 3" side, creating a triangle (see pic). Alternately, you could keep that edge straight and use it as a flap.
  6. Fold bottom up to just under the folded part (see pic).
  7. Fold point down to create the flap (see pic).
  8. Unfold and glue the sides. Allow to dry completely.
  9. Add strap: Carefully poke small hole in each side of bag, attached strap with jump ring. Or push yarn through hole to tie on strap.

The bracelets:

Cute!
And carrying some ~very important~ papers:@)

Make something just for fun and
Have a Happy Day:@)

I'm Joining:

1 comment:

  1. Very cool, I think I have some faux leather, I will try this with, cute idea! Sandi

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by-enjoy your day!