Monday, August 14, 2023

Slow Cooker Onion Potatoes

I don't know what newspaper or church cookbook this is from, but I did save the recipe for these Slow Cooker Onion Potatoes the minute I saw it on Pinterest. Super simple, three ingredients, quick to prepare, tasty, and great with sour cream:@) I only had russet potatoes on-hand the day I made it. I find the best potatoes for the Crock Pot are ~always~ red or yellow waxy potatoes. So if shopping to try this, I suggest picking waxy up. This is a good side dish for summer because it doesn't heat up the house, but it would also be perfect as we're about to enter the cooler months.

I also suggest a test batch on an easy day,
every slow cooker cooks differently.
Recipe says 5-6 hours.
Mine were done in 4 hours.
Once you know, you know:@)

The original:

Slow Cooker Onion Potatoes
6 medium potatoes, diced-I suggest large waxy potatoes and about 3/4-1" diced
1/3 C olive oil-I would cut back, just coat well
1 envelope dry onion soup mix
  1. Add potatoes and oil to zip top bag, shake well.
  2. Add soup to bag, shake well to coat.
  3. Pour into slow cooker. I used a liner for easy clean-up.
  4. Cover and cook on low 4-6 hours. I added a towel under lid.
Eat well and have a happy day:@)

3 comments:

  1. Thank you for discovering this. I'm so going to make it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for trying out this slow cooker recipe for potatoes! They sound easy and delicious, Lynn.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by-enjoy your day!