Saturday, August 12, 2023

Fresh Tomato Salad with Lemon & Hair Bling for Barbie

My tomatoes are coming in now, and I'm guessing you might have a few extra too:@) You can find quite a few nice side dish, pickled items, or salsa type ideas on my Side Salad Pinterest Board. But I have to say this Fresh Tomato Salad with Lemon and Oregano was a favorite of mine, oh and did I mention there isn't any added sugar? Don't hesitate to give it a try folks!

Another good year:@)

I saw a Blinger kit on QVC for adding rhinestones to hair and clothes. It was a small stamper that held a circle of gems, each one had an adhesive backing, as you pressed the unit closed it added a little bling to hair. They also suggested it could be used on dolls. So that got me thinking... The idea sounds truly amazing for a kid, she could get fancy, and her doll could match:@) ~But~ as someone that uses glue dots a lot for pictures, I'm not a big fan of glue around doll hair. So we needed a shiny alternative. 

And we needed it quickly, Barbie says we're about to enter my her favorite season of the year... Football Season!!!

How about a simple clipped in hair extension, and the rhinestones stick to it, not your pretty doll hair๐Ÿ˜‰ Use any kind of thin yarn, ribbon, cording, thick string, long tinsel, etc. and glue the gem to it. I happened to have some crazy eyelash yarn in my stash. I cut three pieces about as long as Barbie's hair. Made sure the crazy "strays" were all pointed down and tied them together on one end.

The clips are these inexpensive spring clips from Dollar Tree. I bought a pack of 30 in assorted colors. They are around a half inch long. I placed the knot inside the clip, pulled one side of the doll's hair back and clipped it in place.

Sticky back rhinestone gems can be found anywhere from Walmart to Dollar Tree to the craft stores. Just place them on the yarn as desired and press to stick. 

Wa-la, instant bling๐Ÿ˜Ž
And we're representing our team well...
Of course this would be great for any event, any season, any holiday, or just any ole day๐Ÿ˜Š Alternately, if you already have true hair extensions or braids, you could use them.

Barbie says, 
make something just for fun and...

๐ŸˆGO EAGLES!!!
Have a Happy Day:@)

1 comment:

  1. We finally have a couple of ripe tomatoes!! Your simple salad sounds like a wonderful way to showcase them! P.S. Barbie would look nice in a GBP outfit, too ;)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by-enjoy your day!