Monday, August 21, 2023

No Sugar Micro Batch Apple Butter -Little Dipper Crock Pot

I had four apples leftover and they were starting to look sad... So I thought I'd whip up a little No Sugar Apple Butter, and to help flavor it, I used pumpkin spice because I think it seems a little sweeter than plain cinnamon. This is truly a set it up and let it do it's thing recipe, I used my Little Dipper Crock Pot. Have more apples? Use a larger slow cooker. I also used a liner, ~love~ the easy clean-up:@) Add spices to taste once done cooking. Four small apples made about 4 oz. Good stuff folks!
Now, this is ~your~ apple butter...
Want it a little sweeter?
Either let it cook down longer, 
or add sugar to taste.

No Sugar Micro Batch Apple Butter
  1. Peel, core and small dice apples.
  2. Add to slow cooker vessel, use a liner if desired.
  3. Place towel under lid and cook on high for about 2 1/2 hours..
  4. Remove lid, mash apples.
  5. If home, continue to cook on high, if leaving mostly unattended turn to low. Leave lid off and stir occasionally. Cook until liquid reduces and butter becomes brown and thick. *I used the Little Dipper and cooked mine for about 10 hours.
  6. Cool, add lid and store in the refrigerator.
Let's use it up and have a happy day:@)

1 comment:

  1. I love apple butter but have never made it, Lynn. I’d like to try it. I did make some fig preserves recently from one of my friend’s fig tree, and it was so good.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by-enjoy your day!