Monday, July 25, 2022

Raised Bed Garden Update -End of July 2022

 

Did the quote above give it away???
Honestly, I don't blame God,
but I am looking hard at Mother Nature! :@)
All of us were looking forward to my tomatoes this year.
Many on the plant are 4" across...

One day we were expecting a storm,
while it didn't rain enough to water anything...
Some tornado type wind whipped through and knocked my plants over!

Thankfully the vines didn't break,
but the plants are too heavy for me to pick back up.
Note to self - Next year, more stakes!!!
(Pictures are from 7/23/22)
Thankfully the boys did stand them back up yesterday.

The same wind threw what was left of my poor zucchini onto the cement patio too.
At that point in time,
I just shrugged and said whatever happens-happens.

We're in the middle a two week heat wave, temps in upper 90's to over 100...
Even though I water twice a day,
everything is struggling.
Cukes are drying up and winding down.

That's my little strawberry garden in the background above.
I planted a flower in the top center for some color.
All I'm really hoping for is that the plants establish some good roots
so that next year we get some berries.

Banana peppers are very happy...
Jalapenos next to them are -um- not as happy.
I'm still hoping they gain momentum soon.

I've started to get cherry tomatoes from the stray plant 
I added at the last minute to the planter on the other side of the patio.
And the second round of string beans produced a ton and the plants have been pulled.
So other than a few hiccups, the garden has produced quite a bit,
and overall, I am pleased.

I hope you're enjoying some fresh summer produce too:@)

2 comments:

  1. Mother Nature sure did a number, but I know you’re still pleased with all that your raised beds produced. We need rain so badly!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Have you tried tomato cages? They are remarkably helpful for holding up the heavy tomato plants.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by-enjoy your day!