Saturday, July 23, 2022

Christmas in July-Jalapeno Lemon Jelly & What's Barbie been up to?

I'm always tickled by Christmas in July, even though this year the temperatures in Philly are hovering at 100 degrees... Ugh. Don't forget about canning a few things to tuck away for gifts as the gardens are over producing. It might take a little time, but homemade jams and relishes are truly something you just can't buy at the supermarket folks:@) This Jalapeno Lemon Jelly is fantastic with a little cream cheese on a cracker, and would also be a nice little something-something to add to a wine gift basket. 

Every year as the holidays approach I start looking for Christmas ornaments that are about 1:6 scale and make fun props for Barbie's world. These little mirror disco balls caught my eye... I hot glued three into a circle (the middle), and then one on top and one on the bottom. A pin holds them onto the chain. This makes a fun 1970's type hanging disco ball light fixture. 

I added it to Barbie's computer corner/work station in the livingroom. The extra light, sparkle, and whimsy, are welcome during the -l-o-n-g- work day😉

The ornaments I started with:

While it's never easy to find the date until it's upon us (for some reason?), it looks like Discovery Channel's Shark Week will start on Sunday, July 24th. And for this year's contribution... We have Barbie swimming in a sea of blue and green Jello Jigglers, with white Cool Whip foam, as ~cue the music~... The shark stealthily comes into view. 

My doll is a Wilton cake topper, the shark is a rubber finger puppet from Walmart. My dish is vintage milk glass, I thought the fun edge would be a wink and nod to waves breaking and splashes...

Barbie says enjoy watching the shows!
Previous Shark Week Posts: 2020 & 2021

🎅Have a Jolly Christmas in July Weekend!
...And stay cool:@)

2 comments:

  1. Love your cute pig with the chef's hat! I have never canned anything, you are so smart to do that with your garden bounty~ yikes, watch out for sharks Barbie!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yea! Earl is back!! I’ve missed him being with you in the kitchen, Lynn. You know me, I love making homemade jam and yours sounds really good. Happy weekend...I’m off to see Barbie.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by-enjoy your day!