Monday, April 19, 2021

Grilled Sheet Pan Dinner-Italian Sausage & Veggies-And Bear Mountain Smoke 'Ems Pellet Review

Sheet pan dinners have been all the rage for quite a while... Well, now that it's getting warmer out I decided to take mine outside to the grill:@) I made an Italian Sausage and Mixed Vegetable Sheet Pan Dinner with nothing more than olive oil, Italian Seasoning and a little extra smoky goodness thanks to Bear Mountain Smoke 'Ems BBQ wood smoking pellets. While everything was cooking on the grill I made a little pasta to toss into the pan once done. If it was hot out, I'd have boiled the water on the side burner too. Use any veggies you'd like, but onion, bell peppers and summer squash are a great place to start... This was a wonderful meal and I'm looking forward to leftovers for lunch tomorrow too!

My pan just as I placed it on the smoky grill,
I used a disposable turkey roasting pan-gotta love the clean up:@)

Bear Mountain Smoke 'Ems are packets of gourmet wood pellets that are ready to be tossed onto your grill.
No matter where you're grilling... No soaking or special boxes needed, they are very convenient!
I used the Gourmet Blend for this meal,
I can't wait to try the other flavors, 
especially the Sweet BBQ with chicken, pork or ham and ~lots~ of pineapple:@)
It would be hard for me to sum these little nuggets of smoky flavor up any better than Bear Mountain already did:
Adding up to 45 minutes of natural hardwood smoke, these small but mighty packets are ideal for life on the go. Use Smoke ‘Ems on your backyard gas grill, or while camping and tailgating, to add the right touch of smokiness to those delicious meals on the grill.

It's grilling season folks...
Let's make it an extra flavorful one this year:@)

Grilled Smoky Sheet Pan Dinner, Italian Sausage & Mixed Vegetables
1 lb sweet Italian sausage, casing removed, 3/4" rounds, cut in half
1 large yellow onion, 1" chunks
1 large green bell pepper, 1" chunks
1 large red bell pepper, 1" chunks
1 medium zucchini, 3/4" slices, cut in quarters
1 medium/small yellow squash, 3/4" slices, cut in quarters
small head broccoli, cut into small florets
cherry tomatoes, as many as you'd like
1 generous Tblsp Italian Seasoning
2 Tblsp olive oil ~or~ Italian salad dressing, or enough to coat everything
up to 1/2 lb pasta of choice, cooked as desired
S&P to taste
  1. Preheat all burners of grill to high, place Smoke 'Ems pack over flame on grill grate.
  2. Add everything, except pasta, to disposable pan, mix well.
  3. Place pan on grill, reduce heat to medium high. Turn burner on far end off. 
  4. Close lid and cook for about 5-7 minutes.
  5. While sheet pan is cooking prepare the pasta as desired, drain well.
  6. Stir everything and begin to move softer veggies (squash and tomatoes) to the far end of the pan, the side where the burner is off. Try to keep meat in single layer touching bottom of pan.
  7. Close lid and cook for another 7 minutes, stir. Cook until sausage is done.
  8. Sprinkle generously with S&P, toss pasta into pan, stir and serve.
I'd like to thank Bear Mountain for providing the smoking pellets for review,
all opinions are my own.

Eat well and have a happy day:@)

6 comments:

  1. Wow this sounds great! Love the disposable pan too! I've got to show this to HHjr and get some Smoke-Ems, thanks Lynn!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love making sheet pan dinners and on the grill sounds just perfect. I've never used smoking pellets Lynn. This looks so good and delicious.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love all those veggies! This sounds like a fine dinner.

    ReplyDelete
  4. oh, NUM. We have most of this in the house ,I think I will bake it in the oven..frigging cold outside today, and use Chicken Apple Sausage...should work well! Hugs, Sandi

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love sheet pan meals, Lynn! Those little packets would be so convenient for me. Are they being sold in stores or just their website?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Howdy, looks like you can get some things at Amazon, Home Depot and Lowes, but I don't know if that's only online right now.

      Delete

Thank you for stopping by-enjoy your day!