Wednesday, April 21, 2021

My $2.00 Pansy Experiment

Last fall my garden center had some orange pansies so I picked up a little $2.00 pot for my large planter. It was happy and actually stayed green all throughout the winter (although some days looking better than others). Every time the weather got a tad milder, no matter the month, it would bloom. I should have taken pictures of it with flowers in the snow... Well, about a month ago I looked at it and it was huge, so I transplanted it into a 10" pot and moved it out front. It's kinda like free spring flowers!!! This just makes me happy:@)

What I started with in September:

This was such a fun little experiment,
and quite frankly, a very nice surprise!
I plan to try it again this year with some multi colored pansies.

Happy Gardening Everyone-Enjoy:@)

5 comments:

  1. Wow, your pansies are beautiful! I love the color!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have never had any luck with pansies. Yours are just gorgeous. I need to experiment more I guess.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful! I can't grow pansies, critters always eat them :(

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, you have a green thumb! How lovely to have that lush pot of pansies for a splash of color by your door!! We got enough snow overnight to cover the grass....hope the spring blossoms survive!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by-enjoy your day!