Monday, July 9, 2018

Deviled Eggs for Shark Week and other shark sightings and ideas

I thought these Shark Fin Deviled Eggs would be a fun little snack for shark week (July 22nd this year) or a shark themed birthday party. Super simple using black olives, a little blue food dye and the ripple cutter helped make the whites look a little wavy. Kids, big and small, are sure to get a chuckle from them... I know we all did:@)

 Directions:
1. Mix your favorite deviled egg recipe.
2. Dye the whites blue (1/2 C water, 1/2 tsp vinegar, 6 drops blue dye), turn upside down on paper towels, then blot dry.
3. Fill whites with yolk mixture and top with jumbo black olive cut in half and trimmed to look like a fin. Aim for one side straight, one curved.

The wavy cutter I used:

Apparently Shark Week is a pretty big thing... Here are just a few of the displays I saw at Walmart:
Floats and toys

Plush Sharks

Shark Candy at various Dollar Tree and Walmart stores

And of course Pinterest has lots of ideas...
My favorite one-a shark watermelon.

Have a swimmingly happy day:@)

I'm Joining:
What'd You Do This Weekend?
Craftastic Monday
The Scoop
Tip Me Tuesday
featured on Edible Crafts

9 comments:

  1. It's shark week? I know exactly the earrings I'm wearing to watercolor class tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Get the earrings ready, but save them until the week of the 22nd:@)

      Delete
  2. Those are so neat!! My grandson would love them!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Too fun Lynn!! I didn't realize Shark Week was such a phenomenon ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am a new follower and this post made me smile, my grand daughter will absolutely love some of the ideas you have here,, I love it! Those shark cupcakes are a hoot!! thanks for sharing this!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Shark Week! Yikes! Shark is a scary word around here! The eggs are adorable though :)
    Jenna

    ReplyDelete
  6. How funny Shark week!! If my Grands were here we might do something fun. They are off on vacation!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Maybe because we are so far away from any shark waters our Walmart doesn't seem to care about shark week :) Love those devilish sharks and the shark watermelon is so cool!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Those shark deviled eggs are way to cute and clever, Lynn! The shark watermelon is wonderfully carved, isn't it?

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by-enjoy your day!