Wednesday, July 11, 2018

Easy Lemon Loaf Cake

I'd say this Easy Lemon Loaf Cake takes a plain white cake mix and turns it into a nice tangy pound cake. As soon as I saw that it called for yogurt I was hooked and just had to whip one up. We enjoyed it at Sunday dinner topped with some fresh raspberries, but it's very good plain too. Another bonus, this cake freezes beautifully. If you like nice dense pound cakes folks, don't hesitate to try this recipe:@)

Easy Lemon Loaf Cake-from Betty Crocker
1 box white cake mix-I'm sure yellow cake mix would be fine if that's what's on-hand
2 containers, 6 oz each, lemon yogurt
1/2 C butter, melted
2 eggs
1 Tblsp lemon zest-I just use the zest of one lemon
2 Tblsp coarse sugar for top, if desired-I didn't add this
  1. Mix everything and pour into a greased and floured 9 x 5 loaf pan.
  2. Sprinkle with coarse sugar if desired.
  3. Bake at 350 degrees for approximately 50 minutes, or until toothpick comes out clean.
  4. Cool in pan 10 minutes, turn out onto rack and cool completely.
Have a sticky sweet happy day:@)

8 comments:

  1. oh yum! and I love to use cake mix to make other things, I will look forward to trying this Lynn!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh now this is a recipe I would try!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is nice to know. I always have a cake mix loitering in the pantry and this is a great summertime use for it. Bet it would be great with some sliced strawberries and a dab of whipped cream too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just made lemon loaf this week, my same old recipe,, this is a new one for me, I will enjoy making this, thanks for sharing!! Yummo!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. So easy! And I DO love a pound cake. Perfect as we still have no kitchen sink or dishwasher (other than Bill!), so I'm not doing anything too complicated.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Now isn't this a nice lemony recipe, Lynn! I love that it's in a 9 x 5" pan, too. I love the idea of using raspberries on it, which are my favorites!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lynn, I recently had "lemon bread" at Bob Evans & I bet it was exactly the same as what you have made here!!! It really was delicious, too. I am putting lemon yogurt on my shopping list, for as you know, I LOVE LEMON!!! Thanks for posting this. {{{HUGS}}}

    ReplyDelete
  8. This sounds delicious Lynn...I can't resist lemon! Happy Sunday!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by-enjoy your day!