Saturday, July 7, 2018

Grilled Frozen California Blend Vegetables (Broccoli, Cauliflower and Carrots)

While I understand it's summer and fresh vegetable season... It's still hard to beat the great value ($1 for 16 oz) and easy accessibility frozen veggies offer. And if they can be simply pulled out of the freezer and tossed into a grill basket while you're already cooking out, well, that's a win-win:@) I mixed them with olive oil and a generous sprinkling of my The One BBQ Rub and the grill added a nice little char and smokey flavor. If you keep frozen vegetables on-hand this is a nice last minute side dish option.

Grilled Frozen California Blend Vegetables (Broccoli, Cauliflower and Carrots)
16 oz frozen California Blend Vegetables-I grabbed a bag at Dollar Tree
1 Tblsp olive oil
1 1/2 tsp The One BBQ Rub or your favorite seasoned salt
  1. Place grill basket on grill to thoroughly heat up.
  2. Mix frozen vegetables, olive oil and seasoned salt.
  3. Toss into grill basket over high heat. Set timer for 15 minutes and stir at 7 minutes.
  4. Sprinkle with salt once off grill.
Eat well ~economically~ and have a happy day:@)

6 comments:

  1. I had never thought to grill frozen veggies. Thanks for the heads up!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great idea using Dollar Tree frozen veggies. I used their gnocchi in a meal last night.
    I forgot to mention in your previous post's comments, how you made me chuckle about saving a dimple in your butt!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is definitely an easy way to have a simple side, no washing or chopping! Quite brilliant Lynn!
    Jenna

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful color and char on your veggies Lynn!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I do love the ease of a bag of frozen veggies---especially when it means I don't have to peel the carrots! What a great side dish!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by-enjoy your day!