I made half of the recipe in an 8x8 pan.
I think this is best baked and eaten on the same day-and predict that won't be a problem:@)
2 (15 oz) cans pumpkin
1 C sugar
2/3 C evaporated milk
1 1/2 tsp pumpkin pie spice-I added a little extra
1 C butter, softened
2 1/2 C A/P flour
2 tsp baking powder
1 tsp kosher salt
1 1/2 C sugar
2 tsp vanilla
1 C milk
Powdered sugar or whipped cream for serving-optional
- Whisk filling together and set aside.
- Mix dry ingredients, set aside.
- In large bowl mix butter and sugar well,
- Add eggs one at a time, mixing well, mix in vanilla.
- Alternate dry mixture and milk, mix just until it comes together.
- Pour batter into buttered 9x13 pan, spread out evenly.
- Gently pour pumpkin filling over cake leaving a little batter around the edges uncovered. Gently smooth top with knife/offset spatula if needed, don't push down.
- Bake at 350 degrees for approximately 60-75 minutes or until cake is golden brown and filling is not jiggly. Note: Try to watch this, my oven must bake a little hot and the cake did get dark around the edges. I suggest that you start watching the cake around 50 minutes or when you begin to smell it. Next time I might turn the oven down to 325 after 30 minutes.