It was a very rainy, overcast day... I thought the sprinkles might perk things up a bit:@)
I made half the recipe in a 9 x 13" sheet pan.
Stop by Cooking Classy for very detailed instructions and to see how beautifully she decorated her cake!
2 C A/P flour
1/4 C cornstarch
3/4 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
1 1/2 C sugar
2 Tblsp lemon zest
3/4 C butter
4 large eggs
1 tsp vanilla
1/2 C buttermilk
1/2 C sour cream
2 Tblsp fresh lemon juice
3 1/4 C powdered sugar
1/3 C fresh lemon juice
- Butter 18 x 13" sheet pan, dust with flour, shake out excess flour.
- Mix flour, cornstarch, baking powder, baking soda, and salt, set aside.
- In big mixing bowl beat sugar and lemon zest until fragrant. Add butter and whip until light and fluffy.
- Add eggs one at a time, mixing well.
- Mix in vanilla.
- Whisk buttermilk, sour cream and lemon juice in separate bowl.
- Alternate adding flour mixture and liquid mixture to the butter in mixing bowl. Beat only until combined.
- Pour and spread batter into sheet pan.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 22-25 minutes or until toothpick comes out clean.
- Cool completely.
- Whisk powdered sugar (I sifted mine first) and lemon juice until smooth. Pour over cake and spread to coat.
Have a sticky sweet happy day:@)