Wednesday, July 24, 2024

Spiced Olives in Tomato Juice -Appetizer or Charcuterie Board

I've made a few different marinated olive recipes on the blog, but I have to say this is the most robustly flavored one to date... These Spiced Olives in Tomato Juice pack a big garlic punch and the crushed pepper flakes help back that up:@) The olives will drink up the flavors more as the days go by, and some comments really say to give it the full 10 days. I've even seen this recipe referred to as The Christmas Olives. So if it's holiday fare, you know it will be great as we're entertaining and throwing a couple steaks on the grill this summer. I'm even thinking about using it to top some pasta with chicken... My only suggestion, give it a good 30 minutes at room temperature before serving so the olive oil has a chance to loosen back up. Don't hesitate to give this a try folks, if you love garlic, you'll like these olives!

Perfect for charcuterie boards, cocktail parties, and along side a hearty sandwich on game day. My best suggestion: I would eat these within the 10 days, I wouldn't store them longer. And with the Christmas reference above... This will ~loosely~ be my Christmas in July post for this year. But don't wait until the holidays to make them:@)

And a tip: If you don't have tomato juice on-hand, substitute half tomato sauce, half water.

Spiced Olives in Tomato Juice-from Taste of Home
7 oz jar green olives with pimento
1/2 C tomato juice
1 Tblsp olive oil
1/2 - 1 tsp crushed red pepper flakes
2 cloves garlic, minced
1/2 tsp dried basil
1/2 tsp dried oregano
  1. Drain olives, discarding liquid.
  2. Mix everything else in small bowl, pour into jar of olives.
  3. Cover and refrigerate 3-10 days, turning jar daily.
  4. Drain before serving.
🌴🦩🎅Happy Christmas in July,
Eat well and Have a Happy Day:@)

3 comments:

  1. TheHub loves olives. I will be trying this.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a yummy addition to a cheese board. Bill is a big fan of green olives so we always have a jar in the house!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. These do sound like a great idea for a charcuterie board. I know I’d like them and great idea on the sub for tomato juice!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by-enjoy your day!