Monday, June 10, 2024

Watermelon Basil Balsamic Side Salad

This Watermelon Basil Balsamic Salad is the first time I've served watermelon as a savory side dish, and I have to say it was very good folks:@) Just a few simple ingredients (hopefully you have a bottle of good balsamic vinegar on-hand. If not you can find my son's suggestion here), and it comes together in no time. Basil is growing nicely in the garden and I want to enjoy it while plentiful. There really isn't a recipe, it's summer, let's keep things easy... Construct it right on the plates, that way everyone gets a nice drizzle of the balsamic for themselves. Don't hesitate to give this a try, it gets my darn good label, and I will be serving this for Sunday dinners during the hot weather! It would be really special while grilling out...

Watermelon Basil Balsamic Salad
Watermelon, deseeded, smaller bite size pieces
Sweet onion, sliced very thin
Fresh basil, thinly sliced
Good balsamic vinegar
Coarse salt
  1. Plate watermelon, sprinkle with onion and basil (How much? You know your crowd).
  2. Drizzle with vinegar, finish with a sprinkle of salt.
Eat well and Have a Happy Day:@)

3 comments:

  1. A simple, refreshing summer salad! It looks delicious.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We are having a fish boil for Father's Day...and this will be perfect to go with all that nummy food. I'm going to serve it on lettuce, so my crew will know it's a salad1! Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have made something similar to this but it had mint. I like the idea of basil instead. Feta cheese is really good in this too. Happy eating!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by-enjoy your day!