Tuesday, June 11, 2024

Paper Napkin Hankie Skirt for Barbie, Kids Craft

When I started making Barbie posts back in 2013 my hope was that they'd give folks inspiration for easy, quick projects to do with kids. This hankie skirt from a paper napkin has to be one of the easiest ideas yet:@) What I love about it the most is, you can use any color or seasonal napkin you have or would like. Lunch napkins make long skirts and cocktail napkins make shorter skirts. This is an economical project for a sleepover or birthday party, and a great way to kill a little time waiting for dinner to be ready.

Of course I had to make an Eagles one too😎
This was a cocktail napkin.

What I did:
  1. Items required: Paper napkin, scissors, tape.
  2. Simply make a dot 3/4" from the corner of the napkin (the corner that would be the center of the napkin when unfolded). Note: Standard Barbie = 3/4", Curvy Barbie = 1"
  3. Draw a curve, cut the corner of the napkin off.
  4. *For the summer print napkin, I did round the corner off of the bottom too.
  5. Slip the doll's legs through the hole, scrunch napkin around her waist and tape around waist to create a waistband. The tape can be washi tape, making tape, duct tape, or anything handy.
  6. Done!

You can make any size napkin work. The lunch size makes a nice full skirt that kind of reminds me of the 1950's poodle style. You could always cut the other corners to make a rounded skirt if desired (as I did in the first picture).
Thinner, cheaper napkins work best (Walmart, Dollar Tree). I wanted to show a Christmas one too but I only had a sturdy, name brand dinner size napkin. The napkin was too big and the paper was just too thick to drape, it didn't work. $1 napkins are better!


✂Let's keep the kids busy and 
Have a Happy DayπŸ˜‰

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by-enjoy your day!