Monday, June 20, 2022

Grilled Zucchini Chunks with Balsamic Vinegar & Fresh Basil

Grilled Zucchini Chunks with Balsamic Vinegar and Fresh Basil, this was my favorite bite this weekend folks. Yep, zucchini... Super simple and very tasty:@) I had a couple 8"+ squash from the garden and made my slices thick, at least 1/2" and probably thicker, and then sliced them into four chucks. Thicker slices helps them maintain some bite, that's important. The biggest complaint most people have about summer squash is, it's soggy. Add a little grilled char, some sweet/tangy vinegar, a pungent herb, and you have a very nice side dish!

My son said: I'm all for anything that turns a vegetable I don't care for, into something enjoyable... And nope, not one chunk left:@)

I know times are tight right now, I'm feeling it too. But, if you're looking for a special foodie treat... Last year my son found this great balsamic vinegar on a list of 100 things to try... Just sharing a ~very~ nice treat:@)

Truly special:@)

Grilled Zucchini Chunks with Balsamic Vinegar & Fresh Basil
Zucchini, washed, dried, very thickly sliced, and each circle cut into fourths
Onion, chunked. Rough estimate, at least one hearty chunk for each bite of squash. Or easier, once you think you have enough, add more:@)
Italian Salad Dressing, enough to thoroughly coat the vegetables
Hearty pinch of salt
Good balsamic vinegar
Fresh basil, very thinly sliced
  1. Heat grill pan to high.
  2. As pan heats up, mix zucchini and onion with Italian dressing.
  3. Once grill is ready, add sprinkle of salt to veggies, stir well. Add squash to pan in single layer, reduce heat to medium.
  4. Allow to sit for a few minutes, stir, get some color on the other side of squash too. Cook for maybe 8 minutes total. Or until squash is your desired level of doneness.
  5. Pour onto serving platter, drizzle with balsamic vinegar and sprinkle with basil.
  6. Add salt if desired.
Eat well and have a happy day:@)

I'm Joining:

2 comments:

  1. I like a little bite to my zucchini and this sounds perfect, Lynn. Thanks for the tip on the Balsamic vinegar. I’d like to try it.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by-enjoy your day!