Saturday, June 8, 2024

Zucchini Season!!! And my favorite grilled zucchini recipe...

Ding-ding-ding... Let the Zucchini Games begin:@) It's always an exciting time when the garden starts producing zucchini, and this year's official date for picking the first one was 6/6/24. 

You can see the stakes, this year's garden experiment is vertical zucchini... Here I have the first two straps holding it to the pole. So far I like this idea:@)

I can already tell I don't have enough of the velcro and may be switching to what I'm joking is Redneck Gardening and using duct tape😃 The plant on the right -might- be allowed to sprawl into the yard, we will see. 

And the first zucchini was growing straight down and literally buried itself 1/2" into the dirt... Since I'm always trying to find more uses for k-cups, yep, I rested the zuke on one, it elevated it off the ground and worked great:@)

What to do with these over-achieving garden gifts? I highly recommend this Curried Honey Mustard Marinade for Grilling. In over 14 years of blogging, this is (to date) my favorite way to serve zucchini and yellow summer squash as a side dish. There is also a link to using the marinade for chicken kabobs if you'd like to go that route too. 

Eat well, enjoy the garden, and 
Have a Happy Day:@)

3 comments:

  1. Wow, you are so far ahead of us here. I personally can't wait, as we buy zucchini all year round, and it will be great to just pick them again. We have had so many issues with critters this year, finally my plants are surviving after so much netting and fencing having to be reinforced. Hugs, Sandi

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy zucchini season! You are going to be eating well this summer!
    Jenna

    ReplyDelete
  3. I always marvel at your garden, Lynn! I’ll have to checkout your favorite way of serving zucchini and squash.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by-enjoy your day!