Thursday, April 25, 2024

Cheddar and Jalapeno Popcorn (serving suggestion) -Aldi Alert!

Calling all jalapeno lovers... Aldi has a new seasonal flavor out called Cheddar and Jalapeno Popcorn, and it's a spicy one! I love me some heat, and on a scale of 1 to 10, I'd put this at about a 6, maybe 7.  But I have a suggestion to tone it down just a tad if interested... The gold colored popcorn is Aldi's, the white popcorn is my homemade kettle corn. Yep, the addition of a little sweetness was just enough to mellow the 'peno and allow me to enjoy a bigger bowl. I'm all about the bigger bowl:@) Don't hesitate to grab a bag if you see it, good stuff folks.

The popcorn:

Lighter Homemade Kettle Corn-One/Two servings:
1/4 C popcorn 
1 Tblsp vegetable oil 
1 Tblsp sugar 
Salt to taste
  1. Add oil, sugar, and 3 kernels to 2-3 quart pan with lid, heat over medium heat. **Be very careful, melting sugar is very hot**
  2. Once the corn begins to pop add the rest, add lid, and give pan a good shake.
  3. Shake vigorously until popping slows down. Be careful to remove popcorn from pan before it burns.
  4. Pour into bowl, add salt.
  5. Carefully mix the two types of popcorn and allow to cool for a couple minutes.
  6. Once it has completely cooled down, leftovers can be added back to the bag, or a Lock-N-Lock, for storage.
Enjoy a snack and Have a Happy Day:@)

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like a great combo of flavors! I’ll be checking at Aldi’s for that jalapeño popcorn.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by-enjoy your day!