Saturday, February 3, 2024

♥Heart♥ Ideas... Barbie Valentine's Candy, Spritz Cookies, Crochet Ornaments, and...

For my Saturday ReView this week I thought I'd share a few ideas for heart shaped items. Time is flying and we're less than two weeks from Valentine's Day, amazing. I'd like to start with a little craft from foam cut-outs and beads. I happened to get brown beads in a grab bag from the thrift store, but anything would work to give the illusion of this Heart Shaped Box of Valentine's Day Candy for Barbie:@) Especially if you wrap some fun shapes in foil, nobody will know what color the original bead was.
I started with a 1 3/4" heart that was cut from 1/4" thick foam for the box, and a smaller 1 1/4" heart cut from thinner foam for the lid. I dug some of the foam out of the center of the larger heart. Then added Elmers Glue, placed some brown beads inside for candy and kept pressing them down so the lid would lay flat on top. Walmart has the foam heart shapes again this year.

A sparkly closed box of Valentine's candy...
Barbie says every girl likes to get candy on Valentine's Day😉 

I love the look! 

And I always encourage folks to keep their Spritz Cookie Press handy... Every set comes with a heart shaped disc. Pick your favorite recipe, add a little red sugar and wa-la, we have a quick seasonal treat:@)

Little Crochet Hearts start with a magic circle and come together fairly quickly (even for those of us that aren't that skilled at crochet). I love them because they make great ornaments for a seasonal tree, cute bunting, napkin ring toppers for tablescapes, and of course fun pillows or an easy handbag for Barbie:@)

And finally, if you can swing it, 
please treat yourself to some pretty flowers...
You deserve it:@)

💗Make something just for fun and 
Have a Happy Day💕

1 comment:

  1. Oh Lynn, that candy box is so adorable and Sonia the gold rose! You are so creative and I love to see what you do. I need to make some spritz cookies and treat myself to some flowers.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by-enjoy your day!