Wednesday, February 28, 2024

Beef Orange Frozen Veggie Stir Fry and Supermarket Meat Tip...

I found this Beef Orange Stir Fry to be a nice meal for when we're short on time. It has a good oriental flavor profile and I even found a bag of stir fry vegetables at Dollar Tree, helping to keep costs down:@) The original recipe serves it with sesame seeds on top, and while I had them, I felt a little onion flavor might be a nice addition too. So scallions it was... 
My tip: The cuts of beef were huge at the store, so I opted to pick up some sliced deli roast beef instead. If the line wasn't so long I would have asked them to slice me a few thicker slices, but instead just grabbed a pack of pre-sliced from the ready serve case. I added it after I cooked the sauce. If you plan to use the lunchmeat in gravy or a heated sauce you can store the meat in the freezer until needed.

Beef Orange Stir Fry-from Taste of Home
1 Tblsp cornstarch
1/4 C water
1/4 C orange juice
1 Tblsp soy sauce
1/2 tsp sesame oil
dash hot pepper flakes
1/2 lb beef sirloin steak, cut into thin strips
2 tsp canola oil divided
3 C frozen stir fry vegetable blend, thawed
1 clove garlic, minced
hot cooked rice
  1. In bowl, stir first 6 ingredients until smooth. Set aside.
  2. Stir fry beef in 1 Tblsp oil until cooked, remove to platter.
  3. Stir fry garlic and vegetables in remaining oil for about 3 minutes.
  4. Pour in sauce, stir until thickened. Return beef to pan.
  5. Serve over rice.
Eat well and have a happy day:@)

3 comments:

  1. Hi, Lynn. This sauce is the exact same recipe I have been using since I was first married, and it is delicious on any kind of meat or seafood. I got mine from my mom's friend who had the best Chinese (Sit down) restaurant in my hometown! Great post and I know this is delicious!
    Hugs, Sandi

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds easy and tasty!! A fun new dish to put on our menu :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like that you found the veggies at Dollar Tree for this tasty and easy meal, Lynn! I’m looking forward to trying it.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by-enjoy your day!