Tuesday, February 6, 2024

18" Doll Toys for Barbie Play & Dioramas -Walmart & Target

I always look at the 18" doll toys whenever I'm walking through the toy section at stores because you never know when something is actually more scaled to 1:6 size and better for Barbie play or dioramas. And most of the time, those items are more realistic than childish. I have a few fun examples to share... Since it's Super Bowl Week I'll start with Target's Our Generation Popcorn Maker, I use it in Ken's Fan Cave:@) You can see the whole game room here.

There is a ton of detail in the popcorn maker. The handle cranks turning the pot, the door opens, and drawer pulls out. The accessory pack I bought:

Another item from Target's Our Generation series is this retro Milkshake Maker. A perfect aqua/light blue color, with a generously sized strawberry milkshake. Did I get one? Um... No. Even though I opened up the whole bottom floor of the dollhouse for the kitchen, the space fills up fast:@)

Over in Walmart World... There are several things I love from the My Life series, I'll start with two items you can pretty much get any time of year, first, the Pizza Oven Set. I know Mattel has a Barbie pizza set, but I think this one is a more realistic scale. (Barbie added as example for size.) The pizzas, tools, and just about 90% of everything is a good 1:6 scale. And look at the red and green plates, great for Christmas pics:@)

Second, the Movie Theater Set. With the exception of the 3D glasses, everything else is more 1:6 scale...

Again, Barbie added for size:

They occasionally have seasonal sets, some can really be gems:@) The Farm to Table Garden Set is adorable, and I love the scale of most of the items. I was hooked when I saw the tomato plant...

Cute!

And I'll leave you with a fun Halloween Accessory Pack, every item is a great scale. I peeled the sticker off of the candy dish and it's always displayed in the dollhouse. Bobbing for apples waters the animals, and the sign greets visitors to Cousin Rube's Farm:@)

So there you have it folks, kind of thinking about what something can be instead of what it's marketed for... 

Grab it when you see it, and
Have a Happy Day:@)

1 comment:

  1. Wow, I had looked at those and thought maybe, but now i can see they are perfect! Hubby never leaves the theatre without that size popcorn. and your photos are really cute. Love the apples in the barrel. I honestly try to stay out of the doll aisle...lol. Sandi

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by-enjoy your day!