Saturday, October 7, 2023

ReView: Bottle Cap Spiders, Cheeseburger Chowder & Barbie Ornaments

As we look forward to Halloween and begin decorating... Maybe you're looking for an easy craft for the kids, or need a few more ornaments for the Halloween tree. These Bottle Cap Spiders are a quick project that looks cute:@) Simply save a few caps from water bottles and glue on pipe cleaners for legs. Full tutorial and suggestions here.

If you'd like to try a nice, stick to the ribs, hearty soup, I think you'll like this Cheeseburger Chowder:@) As I mention in the original post, it might not be the prettiest soup, but it sure is good! Perfect as the days begin to get a little cooler.

And one of the things I love looking for at thrift stores is Christmas ornaments that can be used as Barbie toys or diorama props. Had to grab this wooden guitar for $1 the minute I saw it:@) The strings are wire and there's a ton of detail. The dolls are enjoying the nice weather and a quiet moment at Cousin Rube's Peace and Pancakes Farm...

Here's another one that's 2 for $1.25... While I do understand these ornaments are intended to resemble harps, I just love the scale as a guitar for Barbie. All I did was hot glue a strap to the back of the instrument and wa-la we have a fun toy for Barbie play.

 The ornaments I used:
I did rub some glitter off of two spots on the back before I glued the ribbon trim on.

🎃Happy Early Fall!
Have a great weekend:@)

3 comments:

  1. I'd have to make the purple and orange spiders otherwise I might freak out if I spied a black one across the room!!! P.S The chowder looks like a yummy weeknight dinner!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the spiders and your comforting soup looks perfect for Fall!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by-enjoy your day!