Wednesday, July 19, 2023

Grilled Zucchini with Italian Dressing and Parmesan Cheese

This Grilled Zucchini (and/or Summer Squash) with Italian Dressing and Parmesan Cheese is the perfect side dish while grilling out. It only calls for three ingredients, and they are pretty much pantry ingredients for most of us. I mentioned previously that at the beginning of grilling season I like to buy a new bottle of inexpensive Italian salad dressing to use for a quick marinade or flavoring. I used that as the oil for grilling and gave the zukes a nice hearty sprinkle of parmesan cheese once off the grill-done!  

This is the type of side dish that has folks saying, I never thought I'd like zucchini:@) Just make sure you don't over cook it... Pull it sooner, rather than later.
While I'm not adding it below, 
if you have some extra onion,
that would be a nice addition too:@)

Grilled Zucchini with Italian Dressing and Parmesan Cheese
Cut zucchini and summer squash into a generous size 1/2" chunks
Italian dressing-your favorite brand
Grated parmesan cheese, the kind in the can
  1. Add squash to bowl or zip top bag and top with enough Italian dressing to coat well.
  2. Heat grill to hot. I like to add my grill pan as it's heating up.
  3. Toss squash into pan and grill medium/hot for about 5-8 minutes or until desired doneness. We like it to still have some crunch and bite.
  4. Add to bowl or platter, add extra shake or two of salad dressing, and sprinkle generously with parmesan cheese.
  5. Add S&P to taste if desired. I didn't add any.
Eat well and have a happy day:@)

3 comments:

  1. Lynn, this sounds easy to make and I bet tastes great with the Italian dressing and cheese. Thanks for this recipe.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It probably doesn't surprise you, but Bill isn't a fan of zucchini (though I'm not sure he's ever tried it!!). But I am, and this looks like such an easy, tasty way to prepare it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I’m with you and don’t like overcooked zucchini. This is another fun one to try.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by-enjoy your day!