Monday, March 6, 2023

Raisin Bran Muffins

I had some cereal to use up and decided to turn it into these Raisin Bran Muffins. My recipe below is a variation of the vintage recipe on the side of the box. I eliminated the shortening and cut back a little on the fat by substituting some apple sauce. Also bumped up the flavor with some cinnamon. My best suggestion, add more raisins and maybe a handful of nuts, that would make them even better:@) These muffins do freeze well.
A tip I read from seasoned bakers:
Let the cereal begin to soften in the milk before adding everything else.

Raisin Bran Muffins-adapted from Kellogg's
2 C Raisin Bran Cereal
3/4 C milk
1 egg, beaten
2 Tblsp butter, melted
2 Tblsp applesauce
1 C flour, any combination of A/P and whole wheat-I used half/half
2 1/2 tsp baking powder
pinch of salt
1/4 C sugar
1/2 tsp cinnamon
  1. Add cereal and milk to large bowl, stir and let sit while gathering everything else.
  2. Mix everything until just combined.
  3. Fill paper lined or well sprayed muffin pan 2/3 full with batter.
  4. Bake at 400 degrees for 25 minutes or until muffins are set.
  5. Serve warm.
Enjoy a healthier snack and have a happy day:@)

2 comments:

  1. I love Raisin Bran muffins, and haven’t had any in a long time. I like your additions of applesauce and cinnamon.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by-enjoy your day!