Monday, December 26, 2022

Holiday Meatball Appetizer -BBQ Sauce, Orange Marmalade, Cinnamon and Cloves -Little Dipper Slow Cooker

I thought it would be fun to doctor some standard BBQ sauce with traditional Christmas flavors, and boy, this Holiday Meatball Appetizer was a big hit! The spices were nice and added just a little hint of warm flavor. This appy would be great for the holidays or your next football party. Playoffs anyone??? I think it's best to use a regular bar-b-que sauce since the marmalade adds sugar... But then again, you know your crowd:@) 
My ratio below is for the Little Dipper Crock Pot.
I think it would be easy enough to make a larger batch. 
Plenty of on-line recipes call for a full size bag of meatballs and a whole bottle of sauce. 

Holiday Meatball Appetizer
7 oz frozen, fully cooked meatballs (or just fill Little Dipper)
1/3 C BBQ sauce, your favorite brand
1/3 C orange marmalade
1 tsp corn starch
3/4 tsp cinnamon
1/4 tsp ground cloves
  1. Add meatballs to vessel of slow cooker.
  2. Mix everything else in bowl, pour over meatballs.
  3. Put paper towel under lid, plug Little Dipper in, cook for 3 hours or until meatballs are hot and cooked through.
  4. Stir well to coat meatballs, sauce will be thick.
Enjoy a snack and have a happy day:@)

2 comments:

  1. I did your BBQ orange marmalade meatballs in the summer and they were so good. I’m liking the addition of the warm slices, Lynn. For Christmas I did bbq sauce and my homemade cranberry sauce and we like those.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by-enjoy your day!