Monday, October 17, 2022

Tweaked Frozen Broccoli and Cheddar Cheese Casserole

These Broccoli and Cheese Casseroles have been around forever, and I'm sure for a lot of folks they're old family favorites just like the Green Bean Casserole. Well, I wanted to try one but decided to make it my own, and was pleased with how it turned out:@) This is a very filling side dish, or you could add some cooked rice, noodles, and/or chicken or ham and serve it as a dinner casserole. I spooned the leftovers over some cooked macaroni and called it lunch... This might just be on my menu for the holidays this year, I'll add some fried onions to the top to make it extra special!

Some reviews from other recipes calling for 1/2 C+ milk said it can be a bit runny... I cut back on the milk figuring frozen broccoli would produce some liquid. I think you can see how thick and cheesy mine turned out:@)
Don't hesitate to give this a try, it's good stuff folks:@)

Tweaked Frozen Broccoli and Cheddar Cheese Casserole
12 oz frozen broccoli, thawed
10 oz cream of chicken soup
1/4 C milk or half and half
1 C shredded cheddar cheese
1/4 tsp garlic powder
1/4 tsp onion powder
1/4 tsp seasoned salt-optional-I used Lawry's original
Half of a sleeve of saltines (or Ritz) crackers, crushed
dots of butter for top
  1. Mix everything except crackers and butter, pour into 1 - 1 1/2 quart casserole dish.
  2. Sprinkle crackers over top, dot with a little butter here and there.
  3. Bake at 350 degrees for 30 minutes or until broccoli is tender.
Eat well and have a happy day:@)

I'm Joining:

6 comments:

  1. This looks delicious and a dish my family would love. The for the recipe Lynn.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love a broccoli casserole and this sounds like a winner!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This looks good and I think I am stuck with making the Thanksgiving dinner this year so I may try this.
    Did the recipe as you wrote it above already cut down on the milk or should I cut down on the amount you have written? Just wondering since you said some reviewers thought it was a bit runny. Yours looks perfect!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The recipe I wrote is what I made. I just tried to clarify my post, sorry for the confusion:@)

      Delete
  4. That looks so good! I love lots of cheese with broccoli!

    ReplyDelete
  5. An oldie but a goodie! I love casseroles using Cream of Chicken Soup~sorry I missed this Lynn, my Bloglovin' feed is all messed up and I'm not get alerts any more...

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by-enjoy your day!