Wednesday, October 19, 2022

Peanut Butter and Jelly Spritz Cookies

A couple years ago I made some almond spritz with jam centers , and they were a big hit with my crew. But these Peanut Butter and Jelly Spritz Cookies have been on my mind ever since... As you might think, it's a match made in heaven:@) And the best part? You can split the dough up and make some plain peanut butter cookies, some with jam, and maybe even some with chocolate in the center. An easy way to help fill your holiday cookie tray.
Tip: Try to fish the bits of fruit out of the jam,
that will make the centers extra chewy.

I used my old Mirro cookie press and the swirled disc.

Peanut Butter & Jelly Spritz Cookies
1/2 C shortening (I use 1/4 C shortening, 1/4 C butter)
1/2 C creamy peanut butter
1/4 C brown sugar
1/2 C sugar
1 egg
1 tsp vanilla
1 1/4 C flour
1/2 tsp salt-can just add a pinch
1/8 tsp baking powder
Jam, a red flavor will hold up best to the peanut butter-I used strawberry
  1. Cream shortening/butter, peanut butter and sugars. 
  2. Mix in egg and vanilla.
  3. Sift dry into wet, mix well.
  4. Load press and form cookies on cool, ungreased cookie sheets.
  5. Lightly indent the center of each cookie, add a small amount of jam.
  6. Bake at 375 degrees for 9-12 minutes, or until just beginning to brown around the edges.
  7. Makes approximately 70 cookies.
Enjoy a cookie and have a happy day:@)

I'm Joining:

3 comments:

  1. The swirl disc sure made for a pretty cookie and the flavor combos sound wonderful. Thanks for sharing another Spritz recipe for me to try.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is such a good idea, how nummy. I could even use different jams. Perfect for Fall and a quick snack. I don't know if I will drag out my spritz maker, but a thumbprint would work, too!. Num, Sandi

    ReplyDelete
  3. Now THIS is the way to eat peanut butter! What fun cookies!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by-enjoy your day!