Monday, October 10, 2022

Radish Goblins for Halloween Deviled Egg or Charcuterie Tray (Spooky Spider too)

If you've been around Pig in Mud for a while you know that each year I try to come up with a new idea for deviled eggs at Halloween. This year I had two ideas, and both lean more towards ~presentation~ rather than a recipe or decorating idea. With charcuterie trays still being all the rage, I thought it would be fun to add some spooky little edible Radish Goblins. There aren't any real instructions or 'rules', simply try to create a face with a paring knife or some other object. The root or leaf end can be trimmed off so they stand up on the platter. And as I always say, you don't need a lot of them, just a few here and there are enough to give folks a chuckle or act as a conversation starter.

Super cute,
and easy to do using just the tip of the knife.
I left them in ice water until ready to serve the platter.
Then dried them off well before arranging.

My second idea?
If your crew leans more towards the spooky side of Halloween...

I saw these spider dishes at Dollar Tree.
They are intended to be candy dishes. 
I cut a black paper plate to fit so the eggs were on a flat surface.
Want one last ~eeew~ touch?
Small dice black olives and sprinkle on top of the eggs.

🕷Don't be ~afraid~ to play with your food,
and have a happy day🎃

I'm Joining:

3 comments:

  1. Cute ideas Lynn! That spider dish is awesome!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are so cute, they made me chuckle. What could be better than eggs riding on a spider

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the radish/Jack o lantern idea, Lynn, and the deviled eggs on that spider dish is so great! Thanks for playing with your food!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by-enjoy your day!