Monday, September 19, 2022

Jiffy Mix Cinnamon Apple Cornbread

This Cinnamon Apple Cornbread using Jiffy Mix couldn't be easier folks! And it's great as either a coffee cake for breakfast or as bread with dinner. Especially if you're serving pork as we're getting closer to Oktoberfest... I made mine in an 8" round pan, you can use an 8" square pan but the cake may be a little thinner, and you could also make muffins. Since I served it for breakfast, I added a little extra sprinkle of coarse sanding sugar on top. Slathering it with butter would be pretty darn good too:@) 
Best eaten the day it's made.

Jiffy Mix Cinnamon Apple Cornbread-adapted from Jiffy Mix
One box Jiffy Corn Muffin Mix
1 egg
1/3 C milk-I used half and half
1 apple, peeled, cored and small diced
1 - 1 1/2 tsp cinnamon-you know your crowd...
sanding sugar-optional
granola-optional
  1. Mix egg and milk well, stir in Jiffy Mix.
  2. Stir in apple.
  3. Pour batter into sprayed 8" pan or paper lined muffin tin.
  4. Sprinkle top with sanding sugar or granola if desired.
  5. Bake at 400 degrees 15-20 minutes, or until toothpick comes out clean.
Eat well and have a happy day:@)

3 comments:

  1. This sounds so good Lynn. I would never think to use jiffy mix for this type of bread. Thanks for the recipe.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This sounds like the perfect Fall treat, Lynn! I have a box of Jiffy mix in my pantry right now.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a yummy way to doctor up cornbread mix!! I love cornbread, but with cinnamon and apples may be my new favorite version!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by-enjoy your day!