Wednesday, October 16, 2019

Crock Pot/Slow Cooker Pork Roast -Trisha Yearwood Recipe

I made this Slow Cooker Pork Roast using a sirloin pork roast and have to say it turned out great! This is one of those dinners that smells wonderful cooking for hours on a cold day and I do look forward to making it again. The easy (and very flavorful, love the addition of lemon) gravy is a nice little bonus too. It's not too late to give this a try for Oktoberfest/Crocktoberfest folks, or... Any ole Sunday dinner. I think you'll be happy you did:@)
May I suggest serving with German Red Cabbage with Apple-here.
Oh yea, we are hearty eaters here at Pig In Mud:@)
Approximately 2 lbs of pork takes about 6 hours on low.

Crock Pot Pork Roast a Trisha Yearwood Recipe-from Sparkles of Yum
2.5-3 lb pork roast, trimmed of fat
1 tsp garlic powder
1/4 tsp ground ginger
1/2 tsp dried thyme
1/2 tsp black pepper
1 Tblsp vegetable oil
2 C chicken broth
2 Tblsp lemon juice
1 Tblsp soy sauce
3 Tblsp cornstarch-or other thickener for low carb
  1. Sprinkle pork with salt.
  2. Mix dry spices and rub all over pork.
  3. Heat oil in skillet and brown meat on all sides.
  4. Place pork in 4-6 quart slow cooker-just make sure the Crock Pot is big enough to hold everything.
  5. Mix broth, lemon juice and soy sauce, pour over meat.
  6. Cover and cook on low 8-10 hours or high 4-5 hours-I used low.
  7. Remove meat from vessel and cover with foil.
  8. Pour liquid from vessel into 2 C measuring cup. Skim fat off of top. Measure 2 cups of liquid, adding water if necessary. 
  9. Pour 1 1/2 C into sauce pan, stir cornstarch into reserved liquid, then add to pan. Heat, stirring frequently until gravy is thick and bubbly. 
  10. Add S&P to taste.
  11. Slice pork and serve with gravy.
Eat well and have a happy day:@)

5 comments:

  1. I know I’d love this, Lynn! I’d better get a pork roast so I’ll be ready. This is in my Trisha Yearwood cookbook, but I’ve never made it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My gang would love this pork. And I've been told I don't make gravy enough, so it's sure to be a hit!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, that looks delicious! I haven't pulled out my slow cooker yet this season and now that I've seen this recipe, it's coming out soon :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's finally pot roast season in the South! Such a perfect dinner for a chilly evening, and the German red cabbage is a great accompaniment!
    Jenna

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by-enjoy your day!