Wednesday, July 13, 2022

Mozzarella Stuffed Hungarian Wax Peppers

This Mozzarella Stuffed Hungarian Wax Peppers post is all about using up what the garden gifts us, and turning it into a very nice meal if I do say so myself:@) This year I planted sweet wax peppers, and I wanted to pick the first few so the plant would continue to make more. This is a good meatless meal, and you could even make it in a disposable tray on the grill. Or consider it an appetizer, maybe one large pepper per person (these were about 7-8"). Use your favorite pasta sauce, and you're all set! After I took pics I did decide to sprinkle them with grated parmesan cheese. 

If you have the time you could 
give them a couple minutes under the broiler to brown the cheese once out of the oven.
But I, um, wanted to eat:@)

To clean the peppers I cut a T, horizontally across the stem end, but not all the way through the pepper. Then vertically down the length of the pepper. Gently pried the pepper open a bit, then used the small end of a melon baller to remove the seed cluster. Turn pepper open side down, hold over trash can and give light tap to shake more seeds out. If you see a membrane left, try to pull it out, but I didn't worry about it too much.

I usually have shredded mozzarella in the fridge, and just kept stuffing it down towards the point of the pepper. If you have some string cheese, that would even be easier. Or maybe buy a block of mozzarella and cut strips. 
Ready for the oven:
My sauce: I just poured a little tomato sauce in dish
and sprinkled with Italian seasoning, garlic and onion powder, and S&P.
The house smelled ~really good~ while they baked folks:@)

If you happen to have some hot peppers, 
Come to think of it,
I don't see why sweet peppers couldn't be pickled too!

Mozzarella Stuffed Hungarian Wax Peppers
  1. Wash, dry, and clean seeds and membranes from peppers.
  2. Stuff with mozzarella cheese.
  3. Pour a little sauce in the bottom of a baking dish.
  4. Add the peppers.
  5. Cover with foil and bake at 350 degrees for 30 minutes to 1 hour. Depends upon how you like your veggies... Wax peppers have thinner walls, I checked them at 30 minutes, they had a little resistance. I removed them from the oven at 45 minutes. Cook longer if you'd like them softer.
  6. Spoon sauce over peppers for serving.
  7. Sprinkle with grated parmesan cheese.
Let's enjoy what the garden gives us,
 and have a happy day:@)

3 comments:

  1. So easy AND yummy! Yeah, I might be too antsy to eat these gems to broil them, but it is a great idea!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is such an easy meal, Lynn, and I have string cheese in the fridge. You are always cooking up something tasty!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't think I've ever had a wax pepper, but stuff it with cheese and top it with sauce and I'm in! Your garden is really producing!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by-enjoy your day!