Monday, July 11, 2022

Grilled Italian Sausage, Peppers & Onions Shish-Kabobs

I think we're all familiar with sausage, peppers and onions sandwiches (especially if you're in the mid Atlantic area:@) These Grilled Italian Sausage, Peppers & Onions Shish-Kabobs turned out to be a special treat over the 4th of July weekend, and saved a few calories sans the rolls... If you're looking for a fun theme'd party idea this summer, may I suggest a shish-kabob grill out. The idea would be for guests to come up with as many variations as possible, and I'll list some I've made in the past below. 

The only thing I'd like to mention is,
there's a big difference between grilling kielbasa and grilling Italian sausage...
The sausage is raw, it needs a little more time to cook through.
I suggest thinner slices and a ~lower~ heat for these kabobs,
this allows the meat to cook and the veggies don't burn.

You know you want some:@)
What's the red sauce?
Crystals hot sauce:@)
Yep, my son and I love hot sauce on our sausage and peppers!

More Ideas:

Grilled Italian Sausage and Peppers Kabobs
1 lb coil of Italian Sausage, frozen and cut into 1/2"-ish circles.
4-6 Green, Red, Yellow, Orange, etc, bell peppers, 1" squares
large onion (sweet onion would be ideal), 1" squares
Italian salad dressing, to coat kabobs, and then for basting
Hot sauce-optional
Grated parmesan cheese-optional
  1. While grill heats up to high, alternately spear sausage and vegetables. Douse with Italian dressing.
  2. Turn grill to ~low~.
  3. Add kabobs, lower hood, turn frequently allowing meat to slowly cook, baste occasionally with dressing. Keep checking for doneness, plan on about 20-30 minutes. But you'll need to be sure it's cooked through.
  4. Serve as is, or over rice, or noodles, or on a roll, or with hot sauce or parm if desired.
Eat well and have a happy day:@)

I'm Joining:

4 comments:

  1. I've never thought of making sausage kabobs, but it's a genius idea!! So yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, I do indeed want a kabob now, Lynn. I have never had Crystal’s hot sauce.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love love kebabs, but hold the hot sauce please :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by-enjoy your day!